3 Mayıs 2015 Pazar

Growth Mindsets

Have you had teachers or educational experiences that promoted a growth mindset ?
Like I believe, talents and intelligences can be developed by showing effort or doing practing etc. When I was in high school,my mathematic skill was really bad. When I talked with my mathematician teacher, he give me some suggestions.  He  encourage me to repeat the  topics and solve 5 question for each topics. When I started to do his suggestion, it was hard at first. But, after a while I saw my intelligence of mathematic was developed. Also, I was rewarded by my teacher for giving a good grade.  So like the growth mindsets' ideas, my mathematic skills was improved by showing some effort and apllying some methods. 

3 yorum:

  1. Hello Fatih, as you've mentioned that teacher attitude is important to carry the students to success,but again even if your teacher encouraged you to break your limits on your self efficacy, he or she rewarded you with high grades. I think that it was again grade oriented behavior.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Hi Fatih, I would have to agree with Burcu on this one...Grade oriented behavior should be questioned...Furthermore, what grades show and mean should also be questioned in my not so humble opinion :)

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Thanks your comments, it seems like grade oriented behavior but , I didn't do the suggestions of my teacher for the grade, I really wanted to improve myself with mathematics and I did. So do you think is it still grade oriented behavior ??

    YanıtlaSil